New Project Car 49 Hudson

A friend in Fort Mohave told me of a 49 Hudson that would make a good project car as it had been modified before  it was parked for several years. He had his daughter in law send some pictures to my E Mail and we were able to come to an agreed amount.

 The wheels were off the car and were in the trunk but all flat. The rear door handles were shaved and below the front end and grill is modified.
 Tail lights french'ed in.
 Dash, steering column and seats changed.
 There is a V8 with automatic transmission in the car.
 We went to Mohave Valley on Saturday, loaded the car on our trailer (after I aired up the tires) and brought it home.
 The car did not look like tit was in bad shape but I have not taken it apart yet.


 Has modern gauges and steering column.
 A moon roof has been added.

 I removed the seats and 3 layers of carpet and found some rust in the front floor pans and ordered a replacement set.
 All the modifications to the car were done with bondo (1/2 " thick in some spots) right over the rust so a lot of cutting had to be done to remove the front grill area and finders. The fenders are not in good shape.
  With the front end off I can see that there is a front clip on the car that is from a Chrysler or Dodge and has torsion bar  suspension and a 440 CI big block mopar engine and transmission.  Do not know yet where I am going with this project but it will become clear as I work through it.

 I put American Racing 17" wheels and Michelin tires on the 65 and will take it to the upholstery shop on March 19.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PRESCOTT CAR SHOW