65 BIRD PROGRESS

The T-Bird is slowly going back together with the side windows getting installed, dash being re assembled, exterior stainless & chrome trim, bumpers back on. I got the car running then moved it over to the hoist bay to install the exhaust system.

 The engine fired up on the first try with the new EFI on it, warmed it up and set the timing. Had to add transmission fluid and power steering fluid other than that it ran and idled good.
 Still have the headlight assembly to tackle but the re-chromed bumpers and painted grill went together; with the help of my overhead hoist, I used to pick them up while bolting them in place. All the turn signal and parking lights work.
 The back of the car is done except the rear glass.
 Dash is back together leaving the bottom and side panels off until I finish the testing to make sure everything works.
 Side glass and stainless trim took a lot of time and I still have to adjust the door glass after the new window switch assembly is received as I discovered they were not working after the window motors were installed. New exterior door handles were purchased as the old looked old.
 Exhaust was next and when I got the car on the hoist; the mufflers I purchased from Summit would not work, as they were not center in and out but one off set, and had to buy the Thrush glass packs that would fit. This delayed the exhaust installation a week.
 Once I got the mufflers the pre-made exhaust pipes went together and fit very good.
 All the original exhaust hangers were used with out having to add any.
 Tail pipe hangers are a little large and I might change them for less noticeable ones.
 I bought a A/C gauge set and vacuum pump then watched 3 you tube videos, to make sure I wouldn't mess it up, then purged and charged the A/C system.
 After putting the E-Brake back together and fixing a few leaks;  the car was moved back to to center bay, and the over head hoist used to put the hood back on.
 Next the interior of the car will be put back together, rear glass installed and all the glass polished and adjusted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Gas Pedal