DIY Gas Pedal

I decided to keep the 50 Ford a DIY project by making my own throttle pedal.
Its hard to see but the finished pedal turned out pretty good.
I have a Lokar pedal in the 51 Ford so I had a model to go by.
I started by making a cardboard template from the 51 pedal and had a leftover Lokar throttle cable to use. I cut the upper and lower arms out of 1/8 mild steel on my band saw then welded a 1" pipe with a 1/2 " hole in it to the top arm. A 1/2" rod with a gruve cut in it (for the C clip) on the leigth was welded to the bottom arm.
 
A pivot block was cut out of 3/4 aluminum with a 1/2" hole drilled in it and a spacer/mounting plate cut from 3/8" aluminum with 2 - 3/8" holes to except the pivot block mounting studs.
The gas pedal was made from 1/4 alum. plate 1/4X2 alum. angle that was bolted to the pedal.
 
The upper arm 1" pipe boss was drilled and taped for a set screw that would hold the assembly to gather and could be adjusted for distance from the firewall and a spring was used to hold the pedal in the up position by placing it on the bolt that attached the pedal to the lower arm.
Here you can see the assembled pedal ready to go into the car

 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PRESCOTT CAR SHOW