Update news on the Edsel, 51 Ford, and Starliner

The second week of June we took a trip to Northern California to see family and friends. While there we were going to pick up a 60 Edsel 2 door as the parts donor car for the 60 Edsel Station Wagon.

We stayed with my son in Sonoma County and I visited my friend Fred, who I got the Kaisers, T-Birds and Edsel from. Karen spent time with her daughter and new grand baby. Fred and I had a great couple of days preparing and loading:



the edsel sedan and spent one day trying our luck at buried treasure using Fred's metal detectors at Bodgea Bay.



I spent one day visiting an old friend (who has some failing health problems) I had not seen in over 10 years at Clearlake. We reminisced about hot rod days and friends in the 50's and 60's. We talk about his current 100 mph plus twin hull boat with 2 superchargers and his 7.45 ET chevy drag car

Karen and I went and visited our friends Dave and Carol in Healdsburg. Dave has a collection of 20 (+/-)Ford, Dodge, and GM Trucks and a few 60's/70's V12 Jags. Then we went to lunch in Geyserville. I forgot to take pictures so don't have any to share.







On Tuesday morning, we departed Nor-Cal and I drove to Costa Mesa in So-Cal to visit the 51 4 dr dragging the Edsel along. The chassis is painted gloss black and the new engine with lots of polished aluminum is beautiful, finish paint and flames on the body, are gorgeous. The car body is scheduled to go back on the frame this week when the trunk floor pan and rear wheel wells will be welded back in, then plumbing, and wiring will follow.





When I got home I pressured washed the edsel and cleaned the inside, where the floor pans had started to rust, then inventoried all the parts I need for the station wagon.





On Saturday June 20th I drove the Starliner to Prescott for the Yavapai Classic Cruiser Car Show. The weather was in the low 80s but breezy and very windy on the way home. The show was very good this with lots of very good modified and original cars.








[59 chevy rear appearing with a 57 chevy front is actually a Corvette]

The 53 Kaiser is coming along slowly but surely with fuel and brake plumbing complete and workin on the air ride system. The bottom and inside of the body has the finish paint and I am working on the final fit of the center consel and metal around the back seat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PRESCOTT CAR SHOW