Update and progress report

The missing water pump bypass fitting that presses into the front of the new Edlebrock intake manifold has not shown up in the mail so I can not install the water pump and new belt system. As luck would have it I found that the surge tank that bolts to the intake manifold had been re-assembled backwards at the radiator shop that rebuilt it so I returned it yesterday to get it fixed.

The car is so low that I can not get it on the hoist at the muffler shop so I decided to use the existing exhaust system. I was able to carefully grind the welds on the header pipes with a 4" cut off wheel and remove them from the exhaust pipe. After some clean up and cutting off the 2 bolt flanges I was able to rotate and fit the head pipes to the new 3 bolt flange and collector. I tack welded and removed them for final welding and now have a complete exhaust system.

Hope the bypass fitting arrives today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PRESCOTT CAR SHOW