In the meantime I brought the wrecked T-Bird home, left it on the trailer and removed the center console, drive line tunnel and rear seat area of the floor pans then took it to the auto selvedge yard.
The project is almost complete as far as I want to take it at this time. It needs some body work and paint, front grill assembly and wheel alignment. I will get the wheel alignment a little closer, then it can be driven. I've had the car for a year and did not spend a lot of money on it as it came with a lot of parts, some usable some not and some needed to be altered, that was a good challenge. The new bearings, crush sleeve and spacers came and the rearend pinion assembler was rebuilt. I started a new project to keep myself busy and got out all my stained-glass tools and supplies to make a stained-glass window for the south side of the caboose (If you search my blog for caboose, you can see the complete build). Step one is to draw a picture of what you want the window to look like, I chose cranes, clouds and mountains. After some changes the drawing was transferred to a clean sheet using carbon paper. The glass came in 12' X 12" sheets and were laid out on the picture t...
January 21 to 26 2015 we took the 1953 Kaiser "Karens Kaiser" to the Grand National Roadster Show "The Grand Daddy of Them All" We stayed at the KOA RV Park next to the Fairplex, unloaded the car from the trailer on Thursday morning and carried the display carpet sticking out of the passenger window. Waited in line an hour before they would let us into the building. We got in, unloaded the carpet & lay'ed it down, moved the car in place and started the display setup that took 2 hours including the cleaning. One of the outstanding was this hand formed all aluminum car. This 1947 Hudson truck won first place and best paint. Moor beautiful hot rods. This is one of 13 contenders for most beautiful roadster. The theme was The Grate Gatsby and lots of people dressed up. This 1959 Cadillac De Ville is from Italy and was hung up in customs untill just before the show. Lots of low riders...
I have a 1972 Ford model 3500 that I use to maintain the property and grade the driveway that's 1\8 mile long. A week ago, I tried to start it and the battery was shot, of course it's 8 years old, so I replaced it and got it started only to find the 3-point lift would not work and decided to rebuild the hydraulic system. I used 2 cable come-a-longs to pick up the scraper box attached to the 3-point so it could be moved into the shop, and I could use the overhead electric hoist to lift the heavy parts. The roof and the seat had to be removed to allow the hoist to have a straight shot to lift the 3-point hydraulic top cover assembly. The 3-point lift is in the top cover of the forward part of the rear end housing (separate from the transmission) with the tilt and scraper box angle controls on top. I pressure washed the tractor before it was moved into the shop and you can see the two lift arms and the hydraulic hoses that go to the two cylinders at the back. I made a lift plate ...
Comments
Machine Shops data